The Gender Discrimination Committee is composed of two subcommittees that address different aspects of gender discrimination and sexual harassment on campus. The two subcommittees are the Board of Advisors and the Panel. The Board of Advisors provides information, advice, and informal or involuntary potential solutions to alleged discrimination or harassment. The Panel investigates formal complaints of gender discrimination or sexual harassment and provides a report to the President for formal resolutions. Information about each of the subcommittees can be found below.
Board of Advisors Subcommittee
The Board of Advisors provides information, advice, and/or voluntary resolutions for gender discrimination complaints. The Board primarily provides information regarding the nature of sexual harassment and helps develop resolutions before a formal complaint is made.
The Board of Advisors shall consist of nine (9) members with two-year terms. The members shall consist of representatives from the faculty, staff, and student body. At least two members shall come from the Clearfield campus.
Some responsibilities of the Board of Advisors Subcommittee include:
- to implement programs to educate the campus about sexual harassment
- to ensure that the institution's policy and procedures are widely publicized
- to offer informal consultation and information to employees or students who believe they have been sexually harassed or discriminated against because of gender
- to outline procedures that might be employed against an alleged harasser or discriminator if the employee or student does not wish to institute a formal complaints
- to notify the Director of Social Equity regarding any complaints made
The Panel reviews and investigates formal complaints of gender discrimination or sexual harassment and provides reports of the findings to the President of the institution.
The Panel shall consist of five (5) members with two-year terms. The members shall consist of representatives from the faculty, staff, and student body. The Director of Social Equity shall serve as the non-voting Chair of the Panel.
Some responsibilities of the Panel Subcommittee include:
- to review all formal complaints of gender discrimination or sexual harassment
- to interview any and all parties, witnesses, or other involved in a complaint
- to investigate all aspects of the complaint
- to prepare a written report of the facts and conclusions from an investigation
Members of the Gender Discrimination Committee are:
MEMBER TERM EXPIRES Board of Advisors Cindy Allen 09/01/2013 Tara Mitchell 09/01/2014 Frederick Schulze 09/01/2014 Panel Member Gayatri Devi 09/01/2014