Construction Procurement Regulations
Construction Procurements are bid and awarded REQUIREMENTS in compliance with the rules and regulations established by Act 57 of 1998, the Commonwealth Procurement Code and its amendments.
Large Procurement Projects $11,820.00 or More
- All projects in excess of $11,820.00 must be publicly advertised, competitively bid and awarded to the lowest, responsive and responsible bidder.
- The Contract Specialist is responsible for determining the method of source selection and public notice to be given for each procurement to ensure competition and the best price for the University.
- Multiple awards for separate prime contractors (as per the Separations Act for Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical Construction) are required for projects greater than $25,000.00.
Small Procurement Projects $11,820.00 or Less
- Procurements under $11,820.00 do not require competitive bidding.
- Solicitation of quotes/bids is encouraged for procurements up to $5,000.00. Discretion may be exercised by the Contract Specialist with regard to the need for quotations/bids.
- Procurements of more than $5,000.00 but less than $11,820.00 require a minimum of two or three quotations before authorization may be granted.