Pay your deposit online using
Lock Haven University has partnered with peerTransfer to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international student admission deposits. peerTransfer’s mission is to save international students and their families money that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates. With peerTransfer, students can pay from any country and any bank. Students are also offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing them to pay in their home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. In addition, the posting of the payment into students’ Lock Haven University student accounts will be faster, students will be able to track their payments in the transfer process via a student dashboard, and students will be notified via email when monies are deposited into their LHU accounts.
The information below includes a summary and instructions:
- Click here, or go to: lhup.peerTransfer.com, to visit LHU’s peerTransfer site to begin the payment process.
- To get started, select the country from which the funds will be coming and the payment amount of $200.00 (in U.S. dollars).
- In most cases, the U.S. dollar amount will be converted into the stuent’s home currency at preferential exchange rates.
- After providing some basic information, the student will inform his or her bank (via phone, online or in person) to send funds to peerTransfer.
- peerTransfer will then convert the funds to U.S. dollars and forward the U.S. dollar amount to Lock Haven University where it will be directly credited to the student’s billing account.
- Through the peerTransfer student dashboard the student will be able to track the payment in the transfer process.
- The student will receive an email confirmation when the payment is deposited into Lock Haven University’s bank account.
- No matter the time zone, students will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available -reachable 24/7 via live chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any questions.
Students need a peerTransfer account if making an admission deposit from a country other than the United States. Students or their payees in the United States who intend to make an admission deposit with U.S. dollars from a U.S. banking institution do not need a peerTransfer account. For information on how to pay a student bill with a U.S. banking institution, please visit Paying the Enrollment Deposit.