RN to BSN Admission Process & Requirements
A prospective student interested in applying to the RN to BSN Completion Program must be a currently licensed Registered Nurse.
What is the next step?
Review the options listed below. Choose either Option 1, Option 2 or Option 3 depending upon your place of graduation and proceed accordingly with the admission process.
Option 1: Are you a graduate of Lock Haven University? Follow the admission process detailed in Section 1.
Option 2: Did you earn Lock Haven University credits but not complete a degree? Follow the admission process detailed in Section 2.
Option 3: Are you a graduate of a nursing diploma program or another college or university degree program? Follow the admission process detailed in Section 3.
Section 1: You are a graduate of Lock Haven University
- Graduates of LHU must download, complete and submit the "Second Degree Candidate" form available online. You do not need to re-apply for admission to the University.
- Submit any official transcripts of education you acquired since graduating from Lock Haven University
All information must be submitted to the Clearfield Campus office. Submit the document(s) to Mrs. Teri Neeper, c/o Lock Haven University-Clearfield Campus, 201 University Drive, Clearfield, PA 16830. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to Mrs. Neeper at 814-768-3402.
The Clearfield Campus registration office will mail you paperwork once the process is complete. At that time, you will receive instructions on how to schedule courses.
Section 2: You previously attended Lock Haven University and did not obtain a degree
- Submit a “Resume to Studies” form with a deposit as indicated on the form. Information on resuming studies can be found on our Registrar page.
Section 3: You are a graduate of another college or university's associate degree program or diploma program.
The traditional admission process will apply to be considered for the RN to BSN Completion degree.
All interested prospective students should submit the following:
- An application for admission
There are two options to complete an application either online or a paper admissions application.
- Apply online. The fee for applying online is $25.00
- Request a paper application by calling the Clearfield Admissions office at 814-768-3460. The fee for a paper application is $40.00
- Official high school transcript
- Official transcripts from any college, university, diploma program or post-secondary institutions the student has attended
- If the student has been out of high school for less than three years, official SAT or ACT scores are required.
- A professional resume which includes a time line.
- Current RN license/graduate with degree/diploma from an accredited nursing program.
- Actively employed as an RN within the past 2 years OR, if not currently employed, have received degree/diploma within last 2 years.
- Applicants must have a 2.7 GPA to enter the program. (RNs with a GPA of less than 2.7 will be reviewed on an individual basis.)