BSN Terminal Student Learning Outcomes
Lock Haven University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program prepares the graduate
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing, the humanities, natural
and social sciences in the practice of professional nursing.
- Demonstrate skills in critical thinking and decision making in the use of the nursing
process with individuals, families, groups, and communities experiencing complex health
- Intervene therapeutically to promote, restore, and maintain the maximum health potential
of individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Manage nursing care for groups of clients within health care agencies, in the home
or in the community.
- Demonstrate evolving competence in multicultural interactions.
- Provide health education for individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Communicate effectively in interactions with individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Evaluate research findings, applying evidence-based knowledge to their practice.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for own decisions and actions in the practice
- Incorporate a commitment to lifelong learning and professional values, including ethical
and legal aspects, into the practice of nursing.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to use information management and patient care technologies
to deliver safe and effective care.