| Circulating Laptop Policy
All students with a valid LHUP ID may borrow a laptop for the period of three (3) hours from the Circulation Desks at Stevenson Library or the Clearfield Campus Library. Students are required to fill out a Laptop Agreement form before they may borrow a laptop. Students are responsible for the replacement cost of a laptop if it is lost or stolen while in their possession. Laptops and peripheral materials will circulate via the Voyager Circulation system.
Laptop Agreement Form (Stevenson Library Form | Clearfield Campus Library Form)
In addition, Media Services at Stevenson Library provides 16 PC laptops and 3 Macs for 24-hour circulation, with one renewal, by LHU faculty, staff and students. These computers may be reserved in advance by calling the Media Services Desk at 570-484-2228.
- Stevenson Library: 15 Dell and 5 MacBooks (LHU student borrowing)
- Media Sevices @ Stevenson Library: 16 PC and 3 MAC (LHU faculty, staff & students)
- Clearfield Campus Library: 8 Dell (LHU student borrowing)
- LHU students only with valid student ID
- LHU faculty, staff & students with valid LHU ID (Media Services Only)
- Three (3) hour circulating period
- Library use ONLY
- One (1) renewal if item does not have a hold
- Renewals must be made in person at the Circulation desk
- Must be returned one (1) hour prior to closing
- Media Services Laptop Borrowing - 24 Hour Circulation with one renewal and may circulate outside of the library.
Fines and Fees
- Five (5) dollars an hour for overdue return of laptop
- Ten (10) dollars for lost/damaged peripheral materials (see below)
- Current replacement cost for laptop will be assessed if lost or stolen
- If a laptop is lost, stolen, or damaged while you have it checked out, or if it is returned with missing components, the borrower will be held liable for the costs to replace or repair the laptop and/or its components.
Peripheral Materials Available for Circulation
- Power Cord
- Power Pack
- Ethernet Cable