Information for International Students
Instructions for International Applicants
Please read this page before completing the application form.
Please note: Lock Haven University requires interested international applicants to submit an application and all supporting documents at least three months prior to the intended enrollment date. Questions should be addressed to Ms. Trachanda Brown .
- Carefully complete the online application form. This information is used to create a permanent record for each student. To ensure accuracy, follow the steps listed below:
- Answer questions by either checking a circle or box or by typing in your response in the appropriate text area.
- Make sure that payment information has been completed; no action will be taken until payment is received.
- A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 (twenty five dollars U.S.) must be paid with a credit card at the time the online application is submitted. No action will be taken on your application until we receive this fee.
- All non-native speakers of English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS language examinations.
- Students may submit SAT or ACT scores in place of the language exam. The minimum SAT score required for admission of international students is 1000 (critical reading and math sections only). SAT scores must be sent directly from the testing service. Score reports and SAT testing information can be found at the College Board website www.collegeboard.com.
- All students who apply for admission to Lock Haven University with transcripts from a non- U.S. secondary or post-secondary educational institution are required to submit an official educational credential evaluation. Students can submit documents attested by an EducationUSA office or we recommend the company, World Education Services, Inc. (WES). Students who attended academic institutions in the U.S. must send original copies to the Office of Admission.
Students transferring from a U.S. university must submit your academic credentials for evaluation to LHU. Non- U.S. institution transfer applicants should request the Course-by-Course Evaluation directly from WES or EducationUSA. We must receive the ORIGINAL credential evaluations or transcripts.
LHU requests that all students submit a copy of the information page of their valid passport.
Optional: Essay, Letters of Recommendation, or Interview
- Complete the Financial Support Statement and submit it electronically. Instructions are given on the form.
The LHU Financial Support Statement (FSS) must be completed and approved for admission to Lock Haven University. Official bank statement in the name of the sponsor indicated on the affidavit of financial support. Statement must be dated within the last six (6) months and must indicate the exact account balance. Solvency certificates are not acceptable. Your acceptance letter and student I-20 will not be issued without the bank statement and the FSS form.
An official scholarship or government sponsorship award letter in your name. Enclose a signed letter or affidavit of support giving details regarding the promise of support and state the specific amount of money in U.S. dollars.
- The Student Medical History Report is to be completed by you and your physician. It must be received upon arrival to LHU.
Application materials and all accompanying documents must be received at least three months before your intended enrollment date. Applicants may apply for admission for the fall semester (August) or spring semester (January). Students who apply late will automatically be deferred to the following semester.