processing and operations
- Application Processing – student ambassadors who work in this area work with incoming applications for admission by physically preparing them for data entry and eventual review for admission by counseling staff. Also, assist in the preparation of acceptance packets mailed to admitted students; assist with campus tours, and other duties as assigned.
- Data Entry – student ambassadors who work in this area are responsible for entering prospective student’s personal information into the CARS database so that we can send promotional literature to these interested students, typing mailing labels, assist with campus tours, and other duties as assigned. In addition, these students will assist in preparing various mailings to prospective students, including the open house programs. Must like to work on the computer for extended periods if time and be capable of accurate data input and be able to give tours. If you are looking for hours, this is the area in which to get them!
- Office Assistant -The duties in this area consist of working with the filing and organization of all applicants’ files, preparing mailings, running campus errands, routine office work and some data entry. Will also conduct campus tours.
- Processor – Middle Processing – Main duty of this job is entering information received from student’s applications onto CARS database system. Detail and accuracy are necessary. This job normally starts at the beginning of October and phases out mid March or as the incoming application flow warrants. Will also be assigned to conduct campus tours and other tasks as needed.
- Inventory Control - The main responsibility of this position is maintaining office inventory. Heavy lifting on a semi-regular basis can be expected when transporting admissions literature from Akeley Hall basement to our first floor office. On occasion you will be asked to retrieve materials from other locations on campus. Transportation will be provided in those instances. Hours will fluctuate greatly from 5-10 per week depending on need. Get to drive ‘the Gator!’ and give tours – but not at the same time.
Successful applicants for Processing and Operations positions will be those with accurate, proficient and demonstrable computer and typing skills, and those that are meticulous and dependable. Average 6-8 hours a week depending on schedule. Interested applicants must also possess excellent organizational and time management skills.