Sabbatical Leave Committee
The Sabbatical Committee submits invitations and applications to faculty to apply for sabbatical leave, reviews and scores the applications (based on a predetermined merit scoring sheet), and submits -- in ranked order -- their recommendations to the President.
Some responsibilities of the Sabbatical Committee:
- distribute invitations and applications to faculty by December 1
- review and score applications
- forward the list of applicants in priority order to the President by April 30
- submit a report to all applicants informing them of recommendation (positive or negative); number of persons who applied, were recommended, and the applicant's rank among them; the number of faculty who represent 7% of faculty complement
Please see http://www.lhup.edu/apscuf/leave.htm
Important information for the Chairperson of the Sabbatical Leave Committee:
- Cheryl Reynolds and/or the Library Circulation Supervisor must have a list of committee members and non-members (i.e., Deans, President, etc.) who are permitted to access the files. These people must have an LHU ID to check out these files.
- Files are not permitted to leave the library and must be viewed at the tables provided next to the cabinets.
- The committee chair is responsible for removing files at the conclusion of his or her tenure as chair.
- At the end of the process, the names of those who are permitted to retrieve their own files must be provided to Cheryl Reynolds and/or the Library Circulation Supervisor.
Members of the Sabbatical Committee are:
MEMBER TERM EXPIRES Curt Dixon 05/15/2013 SueAnn Schatz 05/15/2013 Jeffrey Walsh 05/15/2013 Cheryl Newburg, Chair 05/15/2014 Cindy Allen 05/15/2014