University Promotions Committee (UPC)
The UPC meets in early fall to elect a chair and secretary, as needed for documentation distribution, and at length in spring to evaluate applications and make recommendations.
Some responsibilities of the University Promotions Committee:
- meet within the first three weeks of the semester to elect a chair and secretary
- submit to APSCUF and Management documents submitted to applicants along with the Candidate Data Form / Personnel Release Form by October 1
- aid faculty members and answer questions throughout this procedure
- committee chair collects recommendations from department promotion committees, department chairs, and deans that are submitted by February 1, then places the recommendations into the application binders and arranges access to the applications and supporting data
- examine and evaluate applications, supporting evidence and recommendations based on the University criteria set forth (members may also examine candidate's personnel files during this review process with the candidate's permission)
- consider information, testimony, or other evidence if requested by the committee
- committee chair will notify candidates of their right to appear before the committee to provide new materials or information since the filing deadline and/or to present their case for promotion
- request clarification for justification of recommendations received, if necessary, and evaluate such response
- recommend each candidate be promoted or not based on its conclusions, and rank -- within each professional level in numerical order -- the candidates being recommended for promotion
- rank faculty members based on a predetermined scoring analysis
- committee chair, no later than April 1, will submit to candidates their scaled trimmed mean values per category, their final promotion score, their final ranking and the overall distribution of scaled trimmed mean values per category and final promotion scores for all candidates within each candidate's professional rank
- upon request of a candidate within five days of receipt, meet with candidate to review this information
- committee chair will forward the complete, ranked-in-group list of candidates together with all recommendations and final promotion scores to the President no later than April 15
- committee chair will meet with the President should s/he have any questions regarding the recommendations
Please see http://www.lhup.edu/apscuf/promotion/index.htm
Important information for the chairperson of the University Promotions Committee:
- Cheryl Reynolds and/or the Library Circulation Supervisor must have a list of committee members and non-members (i.e., Deans, President, etc.) who are permitted to access the files. These people must have an LHU ID to check out these files.
- Files are not permitted to leave the library and must be viewed at the tables provided next to the cabinets.
- The committee chair is responsible for removing files at the conclusion of his or her tenure as chair.
- At the end of the process, the names of those who are permitted to retrieve their own files must be provided to Cheryl Reynolds and/or theLibrary Circulation Supervisor.
Members of the University Promotions Committee are:
|Amy Way (E&HS)||05/15/2013|
|Cori Myers (A&S)||05/15/2013|
|Kevin Range (A&S)||05/15/2013|
|Denise Tyson (A&S)||05/15/2013|
|Susan Boland (A&S)||05/15/2014|
|Todd Nesbitt (A&S)||05/15/2014|
|Carl Poff (E&HS)||05/15/2014|