Outcomes Assessment Committee
(OUTCOMES) ASSESSMENT COMMITTEE (OAC)
The (Outcomes) Assessment Committee is composed of one faculty per department that is appointed annually by the chair of its department, along with selected management.
Current Charge of the OAC:
1) Develop and recommend a comprehensive outcomes assessment plan to incorporate into the University's strategic plan
2) Assist disciplines and departments who request help in developing outcomes assessment plans including learning goals and objectives and developing methods to measure attainment of those outcomes
3) Assist in developing or selecting surveys for University-wide projects which assess academic and co-curricular aspects of the college experience as preparation for professional careers and graduate school
4) Be available to coordinate academic programs/disciplines/departments assessment activities to maximize cooperation and collaboration among units and minimize duplication of efforts
5) Act as an informational and educational resource for the faculty to increase knowledge and skills in conducting assessment of student learning. This may include inviting speakers to campus, purchasing relevant materials, holding workshops and providing financial support for attendance at professional meetings related to assessment.
6) Evaluate the effectiveness of academic outcome assessment efforts at least once every five (5) years
7) Support and coordinate assessment of general education by providing faculty and Deans with an annual sampling distribution, providing yearly summaries and periodic trend analyses of assessment data to the UCC and administration, and conducting periodic reviews and revisions of rubrics when needed (at least every five years or as requested by the provost or UCC).
AY 11-12 Membership
Van Dyke, Richard