Internships provide academically-related work experience that helps you apply the concepts learned in the classroom to the real world. They are designed to give you the opportunity to work in pre-professional positions while still in school.
Internships come in many forms. Some are paid and some are non-paid positions. They may last several weeks or several months. Internships can be full-time or part-time. They can take place during the Fall or Spring semesters or during the summer. Many students do a part-time internship while taking classes during the semester.
Why do an Internship?
- Internships foster self-confidence and professionalism.
- Internships enable students to make important contacts in the business world.
- Internships help students gain crucial skills to be successful in the workplace.
- Internships enhance and develop communication skills, cultivate flexibility, and encourage creativity.
- Internships allow you to obtain good referenced and possibly a job offer.
How to use this website:
Postings and Resources - Check out internship postings on the College Centrral Network. New postings are being added every day. Resources include many job boards that post internships, lists of past internships for your major, and websites for many professional organizations that may connect you with internships.
Forms Makes it easy for you to access the forms for your internship. In particular, the Student Internship Application, is a student agreement that needs to be completed for you to get credit for the internship.
Staff at Career Services also can help you develop the tools for getting an internship, such as the cover letter and resume, and preparing for an interview.