Central Pennsylvania Fall Teacher Job Fair
October 25, 2012
Alumni Hall, Hetzel Union Building (HUB)
Penn State University
University Park, PA
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
Lock Haven University
The Pennsylvania State University
Who May Attend
- All teacher candidates from any college/university may attend
- May 2013 graduates are welcome
- No pre-registration is necessary
- No fee to attend
- Some districts will conduct individual interviews*
Things to Know
- Links to the participating school districts are available at: http://www.collegecentral.com/LHUPFallJobFair/ - Click on "Employer Profile Search". Review this information and know which district representatives you would like to meet.
- While the Job Fair brings many hiring officials to campus, it also attracts HUNDREDS of teacher candidates seeking a limited number of positions. Do NOT use this event as your sole source for securing a job. During previous events, inexperienced job seekers have expressed frustration about the number of candidates competing with them for interviews. Unprepared candidates will feel overwhelmed.
Job Fair Format
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This year districts have the option of being in the open fair area from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. OR setting up interviews from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and conducting those interviews the remainder of the day. It is important that you identify, prior to your arrival, which districts you want to speak with as some may fill up their schedules quickly and not be available after 10:00 a.m.
Because of the large number of participants, you may have to wait to speak with a recruiter. Please be patient and courteous.
Directions: The Alumni Hall, Hetzel Union Building (HUB)) is located on the University Park Campus (see HUB in section G5 on the map at: http://www.geog.psu.edu/sites/default/files/extended_color.pdf). It is accessible by all major highways; 90 miles from Harrisburg; 5 miles from University Park Airport, State College.
A list of accommodations in the area may be found at: http://www.visitpennstate.org/.
- Early arrival is recommended so that you may have the opportunity to meet with as many districts as possible.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to speak with as many school officials as possible. Don't limit yourself geographically - you may be surprised!
- Do not expect a job offer during the Job Fair. This is part of the screening process. However, it is your opportunity to make a good first impression.
- Dress professionally. You will be standing in line, so wear comfortable shoes and don't carry a lot of excess baggage.
- Bring plenty of quality resumes, pens and pencils to the event.
- Follow up with the districts in which you are interested.