2013 Job and Internship Fair
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Click here for a List of Attending Employers - then click on "Employer Profile Search"
- All Lock Haven University Students may attend from 11:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Review the employer information and know which employers you would like to meet. Research the attending organizations as well as you can prior to the fair.
Dress neatly. Business attire is not necessary, but sweats and sloppy clothes are inappropriate - it's important to make a good first impression.
Inappropriately dressed students will not be admitted.
Khaki, corduroy, twill or cotton pants or skirts, neatly pressed
Sweaters, twinsets, cardigans, polo/knit shirts
Solid colors work better than bright patterns
Khaki, gabardine or cotton pants, neatly pressed
Cotton long-sleeved button-down shirts, pressed, polo shirts or knit shirts with a collar
Leather shoes and belt
What Not to Wear
Regardless of gender, when the dress code is business casual it's not appropriate to wear your favorite old t-shirt, ripped jeans and antique sneakers. Keep in mind the "business" part of business casual, and leave your old comfortable clothes at home.
- Resumes are strongly suggested. Don't have a resume? Stop in Career Services, Akeley 114 for help and/or click here for guidelines. You will be taken much more seriously if you take the time to prepare one. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!
- Early arrival is recommended so that you may have the opportunity to meet with as many employers as possible.
- Cell phones: Turn off and put away your cell phone.
- Follow-up: Ask employers how they would like you to follow up after the fair.
- Don't limit yourself geographically - you may be surprised! Take advantage of the opportunity to speak with as many employers as possible.
- Employers will be available to speak with candidates on a first-come, first-served basis from 11:00 - 2:00 p.m
- MAKING THE MOST OF A JOB FAIR - Guidelines to print