Mandatory Action for Residence Hall Students
Description: Cisco Clean Access (CCA) is a security system that helps to keep the
university network system clean from virus and other unwanted agents. Each student computer will be connected to
this system as soon as you access the university network. NO residence hall student can access the
campus network without going through Cisco Clean Access.
For Windows Vista, XP and 2000:
Mandatory System and Network
(The following MUST be
installed through Cisco Clean Access)
- Must have a current/unexpired university domain
- Must have CCA client installed on your personal
- Must have current Windows Critical Updates
- Must have McAfee Antivirus installed.
- Must have McAfee Antivirus up to date with most
recent pattern file (updates).
- Must have McAfee Antispyware installed.
If your computer does not
meet these requirements, this system will walk you through each step in order
to gain access to the university network system.
Below are basic instructions
on what to do through CCA, detailed instructions will be prompted as you are
going through the CCA authentication process:
- Go to a university LAB computer to activate your
university network account (you must change your password from the
original temporary one that was assigned.
The temporary password will NOT work with this system).
- Back in your residence hall room, plug in your personal computer and turn it on.
- When an internet browser is opened, CCA will
prompt you enter your username (example:. jsmith) and password.
(This is the username the university assigned you and the password
you created on the university lab computer.)
- Next CCA will scan your computer for the
- CCA will prompt you to download all necessary
Windows updates. DO THIS!!!
- Then turn on automatic updates as instructed.
- Return to CCA agent window and it will prompt you
to complete additional tasks.
- Uninstall ALL existing Antivirus software. YOU MUST
use the university antivirus software.
NO other antivirus software is compatible with CCA (even other
versions of McAfee). There are NO
- Download McAfee Antivirus and McAfee
Spyware. This will be a secure
website. When prompted for username
and password, use your university full username (example: email@example.com ) and the password you
created in the lab.
- Return to CCA window and it will prompt you
further until you have met all university software requirements.
- Every 7 days CCA will require you to log into the
system again, where it will check your computer for these same
requirements. As long as you do
not change anything and have stayed current with Windows Updates in this
7 day period, this should be nothing more then just logging back into the
- X-Box and Playstation
game consoles MUST be registered with the LHUP Computing
Center before they
will have access to the network (more information about gaming consoles
and the LHU network is available at www.lhup.edu/cca).
- Pirated versions of Windows XP and Windows 2000
will NOT be able to receive the necessary Windows Updates and
consequently will NOT be allowed to pass through the CCA system. This means NO network connectivity.
- Cable/DSL routers and wireless access points
will not be able to be used in the residence halls.