To install critical updates on a Windows 2000 system
perform the following steps:
If you are reading this document online
from the computer you are trying to connect to LHUPnet you can click on
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to go to the update site.
Then follow the instructions starting at step 3.
To manually update windows perform the following steps:
1. Click the Start button
--> Programs --> Internet
2. After Internet Explorer starts, click Tools on the menu bar and
select the Windows Update option.
3. If a window appears similar to the one below click on the Yes
4. You may see a window similar to the one below. If so click on the
Install Now button.
5. You will then see a windows similar to the one below giving you the status of
the download process.
6. Click on the Continue button on the when the window below comes
up on your screen.
7. Click on the Express button in the window below to start the
8. While your system is being checked for required updates your browser
window will look similar to the one below.
9. During the process you may see a pop-up window similar to the one
below. Click on the Yes button if it appears.
10. Once your computer is checked and it is determined what updates your
system requires you will see a windows similar to the one below. Click on
the Download and Install Now button to continue the process.
11. During the process you should see a status window similar to the one
below showing the progress of the updating.
12. When your system is done updating you may need to reboot your computer
for the changes to take effect. Click on the Restart button if one
The initial update process may require you to go to Microsoft's site
several times to get all the needed updates due to dependencies and
orders of installation for the patches. CCA will continue to tell
you your system needs updated until all the required updates have been
installed. Just keep repeating the process.
Top of page