To install critical updates on a Windows Vista system
perform the following steps:
If you are reading this document online
from the computer you are trying to connect to LHUPnet you can click on
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to go to the update site.
Then follow the instructions starting at step 5.
To manually update windows perform the following steps:
1. Click the Start button
2. After Internet Explorer starts, click Tools on the menu bar and
select the Windows Update option.
3. Click on the Check for updates button.
4. You will see a status window similar to the one below while your
computer checks for updates.
5. Once that is done, you may see a window
similar to the one below requiring you to update windows software before
you can actually start downloading operating system updates. Click on the
Install now button to start the
6. While the updates are being installed you will see a window similar to
the one below to
indicating the process is still working.
7. After your system has been checked you will see a window similar to the
one below. Click on the Download and Install Now button.
8. During the download and install process you will see a status windows similar
to the one below.
9. When the download and install process is completed you will see a
window similar to the one below. Click the appropriate button when it comes
up. Some updates require you to reboot your computer. Make sure you
do that when prompted to do so.
10. Click on the Next button on the Clean Access Agent
The initial update process may require you to go to Microsoft's site
several times to get all the needed updates due to dependencies and
orders of installation for the patches. CCA will continue to tell
you your system needs updated until all the required updates have been
installed. Just keep repeating the process.
Top of page