Apply to UB
Students who are interested in joining the Lock Haven University Upward Bound program must meet the following criteria to be eligble:
Any high school student who has completed eighth grade and is currently enrolled or planning to enroll in one of these high schools: Central Mountain, Jersey Shore, Williamsport, and Bucktail.
Students qualify for enrollment by:
- Exhibiting academic potential and desire to attend college
- Demonstrating enthusiasm toward learning
Meet income guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education Meeting one or more of the following:
- Be a potential first-generation college student
(this means neither parent has a bachelor's degree from a four-year post-secondary institution)
- Demonstrate need for academic support (low test scores and/or low grades)
If selected to participate in the program your student would be provided with all of the services listed below:
|School Year||On-Campus Summer Residential Program|
It is important that you understand that participation in Lock Haven University’s Upward Bound requires that you commit to participating in the following ways:
- Attend the five-week on-campus Residential Summer Program (includes coursework, tutoring, workshops, and cultural activities such as campus visits and field trips)
- Attend and participate in all UB activities, assignments, and services provided in your school or community during the school year (i.e. SAT Prep, after-school meetings, tutoring, cultural events, campus visits, etc).
- By submitting an application, you are indicating that you are aware of and agree to this commitment if selected.
You must still print and sign the Release of Information form and mail it in, along with the Financial Documents. Please be aware that ALL forms must be COMPLETELY filled out for your application to be considered.
This Application Form – Completely filled out
Release of Information Form - Signed and mailed to the Upward Bound Office (See Address Below).
Financial Documents – A copy of the first two pages of your family’s most recent Federal Income Tax Return or other appropriate documentation if a tax return was not completed; Must be mailed to the Upward Bound Office (See Address Below).
Two Teacher Recommendations- Print and fill out this form and mail it to the Upward Bound Office (See Address Below).
Upward Bound Director
116A Ulmer Hall
Lock Haven University
401 N Fairview St.
Lock Haven, PA 17745