Successful applicants to regular matriculated status will have:
- An undergraduate degree in psychology (or a related discipline such as education, criminal justice, sociology, etc.) from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. *
- Work and/or life experience relevant to the study of clinical mental health counseling.
- Strong letters of reference from individuals knowledgeable about the applicant’s academic preparation and/or relevant experience.
- A strong personal interview with a CMHC faculty member (either in in person on campus or through computer software that allows real-time, face to face meetings).
*Applicants with a 2.85 GPA or better may be receive a probationary acceptance in which the student must earn a 3.0 or higher in the first 3 courses to continue in the program.
To complete the admissions process, students must submit:
- Online application
- Official college transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of professional goals
- Describe your preparations for graduate work (education, work and/or volunteer experience)
- Your reasons for applying for this particular graduate program at Lock Haven University
- How this graduate program will help you meet your professional and educational goals
- Successful completion of a faculty interview