Mission & Goals
The mission of the LHU Recreation Management Department is to provide an academic environment that integrates theoretical foundations with pragmatic applications to prepare students for the Recreation profession.
- Structure a student-centered educational environment.
- Provide students with the conceptual knowledge and practical skill to successfully enter the profession.
- Stimulate the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Emphasize the importance of and nurture an appreciation for community service.
- Encourage the evolution of personal leisure and recreation philosophies.
- Introduce students to the impact of diversity upon the development and delivery of leisure services.
- Encourage students to be lifelong learners.
- Encourage an awareness of ethical principles in relationship to professional practices.