Annual Mathematics Competition for High School Students
The 8th annual Math Competition for high school students is scheduled for April 5, 2016. This competition is open to all high school students (grades 9 through 12) in Pennsylvania and neighboring states. We are excited to welcome all the participants of this event in April 2016.
- The competition consists of two written exams. The first part is a team exam (3 students per team), and teams work on 6 written response questions. The second part is an individual exam, and students are asked to solve 10 multiple-choice questions with one short answer tie breaker. Past exams are available for review.
- Math competition is divided into two levels. The first level consists of grade 9 and grade 10 students. The second level consists of grade 11 and grade 12 students. Students must compete within their level.
- There will be no restriction on the number of students entered by each school. The winners of this competition are awarded prizes and certificates. All the participants will receive a competition t-shirt and a participation certificate.
- The competition is held in the Parsons Union Building (PUB) on the LHU main campus
(#14 on the campus map). Parking permits can be picked up during registration in
PUB #3. Please park vehicles in lot 19. (Parking Map)
- Register by filling out the online form.
- If you have more than 10 students for either grade level, please submit another form with the remaining students.
If you have any questions, please contact to Dr. Denine Simin, Math Competition Coordinator, by phone: (570) 484-2283 or by email: email@example.com