The Top 10 reasons for becoming an entrepreneur
By Jeremy Lombardo, LHU class of 2010
Do you want a career where you are
always employed? Do you enjoy making a ton of money off of your OWN ideas? Do
you enjoy being your own boss, and hiring your own staff?
The current economy makes it very
difficult to get a job out of college; however being an entrepreneur allows you
to always have a job. An entrepreneur is an individual who wants to start their
own business, and do things their own way.
- Working at your OWN PACE! You get paid for working either 20 hours a
week or 100 hours a week, it all depends on you!
- Being the boss! By being an entrepreneur you can hire your own staff!
- Always having a job. Owning your own business you are always employed.
- Making as much money as you can! Entry Level jobs are not high, being an
entrepreneur allows an endless income!
- Find the best locations for your store by starting your business where
- Work online! Internet businesses are booming, come on board the success
train! TOOT TOOT!
- Wear any dress attire you want! Do you want to work in pajamas? I think
you do! Or jeans!
- Name your business – by owning your own business it is what YOU think
the name should be! Be creative!
- Freedom to leave – after a few years of starting a business, you have
the freedom to sell whenever you please.
- Owning more than one business. You can be an entrepreneur in more than
one business! Own as many as you can handle!
Disclaimer: Great reasons, but… there are also many risks,
which we’ll work hard to help you avoid when you launch your new business.