Environmental Club Minutes 2011-2012
Minutes for 11/10/11
-Possibly thinking about going on a camping trip to world’s end
-Possibly a few more small trips for the spring semester
-This is our second to last meeting; last meeting is December 18th at 7PM- we will be watching a movie called The 11th Hour
-Flyers for Aids Walk- pre fundraiser, Aids Walk is coming up
-Possible events for next semester:
-Work with kids in school about the environment (like Earth Day)
- Club picks a day once a week and goes to CAPE to help with underprivileged kids (with AmeriCorps?)
Old Business- None
The 11th Hour Documentary
-Leonardo DiCaprio will be starring in it
-Be open to the public
-Possibly in the Planetarium or Rob 425 (e-mail will be sent out)
-Lee has already made flyers and an event on facebook
-Possibly get on Linda Koch’s e-mail list?
-Possibly make event into community
Current Events- Mike Read
-Read Articles on:
Irreversible Damage to Earth
Keystone Deal- Canceled
-Place Based Education
Giving kids the sense of place and positive reinforcement
President: PEEC- trails ways, activities etc, meeting at 8AM in the lower pub parking lot, article in the New York Times.
Vice President- Aids walk team, $10 per person
Secretary- Presentation on eco-friendly consumer products
-PEEC- bring games, get excited, something falls trail way, and PEEC is Nov 5th and 6th and once again we are meeting at 8AM in the lower pub parking lot.
-Aids Walk- teams together, and payments
-Talking about past events and possible events in October
-Glenn Road Clean up- 23 of October
-Big Event is working on getting PEEC- possibly Nov 5-6
-Next meeting is October 13th with the Women’s Coalition at the Hope Center
-The Following meeting is October 27th, and possible presentations…
-Announcement: December 2nd is Aid’s Walk: Participation, 10 people on team, needs people, and $10 registration fee… possibly getting a team together?
-Watching The Ecological Footprint for the rest of the meeting time
-Melissa’s Choice of movie- 5 stars
- The informational club board 4th floor Raub
- Meeting time is staying the same at 4pm on Thursday
- Glenn Road clean up Sept 25 at 10am meeting in front of price
- P.E.E.C. WILL BE happening this semester! Sometime in October probably Lee will let us know more details as he comes to then
- Natural Gas forum September 28th 7pm?? At east campus
o This will be the meeting for that week so NO MEETING September 29th!!!!
Environmental Club: Introductory Meeting 9/1/2011
- Officer Reports:
o President- Talking about the upcoming events for the club which includes the club fair, river cleanup, and student speakers.
o Vice President- None
o Secretary- None
o Treasurer- None
o Advisor- Talking about the clean-up of Glenn Road
- Confirmation of meeting dates. Every other Thursday has been established as the designated meeting time at 4PM.
- Calendar, updates, and events will be posted on the club Facebook page.
- Planning of the next meeting: A movie, several club members will be searching for less than an hour movies.
- Protests happening in DC about Keystone Tar-sand; discussion next meeting on subject.
o Booked for March 9-11.
o Possibly this semester.