Kathleen Allison, PhD, MPH, MCHES
email@example.com | 114 Willis Health Professions Center, Lock Haven, PA 17745 | (570) 484-2677
Ph.D., Health Studies, Texas Woman’s University
M.P.H., Health Education & Promotion, University of South Carolina
B.S. Ed., Biology Education, Indiana University of PA
Courses Most Commonly Taught: Introduction to Health, Community Health Education Methods & Strategies, Foundations of School & Community Health Education, Stress Management and Life Skills, Cultural Aspects of Health, School Health Programs, Teaching of Nutrition and Consumer Health, Evaluation of Health Education and Promotion Programs, Assessment & Planning of Health Promotion Programs I, Theoretical Foundations of Health Education and Promotion
Courses Developed: Community Health Education Methods & Strategies, Foundations of School & Community Health Education, Cultural Aspects of Health, Evaluation of Health Education and Promotion Programs, Assessment & Planning of Health Promotion Programs I, Theoretical Foundations of Health Education and Promotion
Refereed Professional Publications & Presentations:
Allison, K.G. (2014, January). Successful synergy: Building relationships to promote adolescent health. Presented at the 5th International Conference on the Health Risks of Youth, Nassau, Bahamas.
Allison, K.G., & Welch, L. (2013, June). Garnering support for community and school programs: Lesson from the field. Presented at the 2013 Keystone Health Promotion Conference, Harrisburg, PA.
Stevenson, B., & Allison, K. G. (2013, April). School-community partnerships: Sharing strengths to promote health and academic achievement of students. Presented at the 2013 Society for Public Health Education conference, Orlando, FL.
Areas of Expertise: Health Literacy, Professional Preparation in Health Education
- PA SOPHE Annual Meeting 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011; Chair March 2007, Chair October 2010
- PA Public Health Association, 2006
- SOPHE Annual Meeting Awards Committee, 2006 - 2013, Chair 2007, 2008, 2009
- President’s Task Force on the State and Status of SOPHE Chapters Society for Public Health Education 2006
- SOPHE 2009 Annual Meeting Planning Committee, Co-Chair, Continuing Education Committee
- SOPHE Annual Meeting Planning Committee 2013, 2015
- American Association for Health Education, Position Statement Committee, 2007 – 2010
- Phi Kappa Phi, Secretary/Treasurer for Lock Haven University Chapter, 2008-2014