Dr. Beth McMahon
email@example.com | 129 Willis Health Professions Center, Lock Haven, PA 17745 | (570) 484-2214
For additional information, please click here
- Monday & Wednesday, 9AM – 11AM
- Tuesdays & Thursday, 12 – 1:30
- Or by appointment
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Doctorate in Health Education (Ph.D.) - Magna Cum Laude (3.89), 1993
East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg, PA
Masters of Science: Exercise Physiology with concentration in Cardiac Rehabilitation and Primary Prevention - Magna Cum Laude (3.8), 1984
Bachelor of Science: Health and Physical Education - Cum Laude (3.65), 1980
Courses Most Commonly Taught: Undergraduate: Professional Field Experience in Health Science, Epidemiology, Foundations of School & Community Health, Community Health Organization Management, Current Health Issues, Women’s Health Issues
Graduate: Epidemiology in Community and Health Practice, Advanced Field Experience in Health Science, Masters Capstone Project, Contemporary Issues in Health and Healthcare
Undergraduate: Community Health Organization Management, Professional Field Experience in Health Science, First Year Student Seminar, Women’s Health Issues, Current Health Issues, Introduction to Epidemiology, Community Health
Graduate Courses: Master of Health Science Courses: Grant Development, Epidemiology in Community and Health Practice, Contemporary Issues in Health and Healthcare, Advanced Professional Field Experience, Master Capstone Project
Programs Developed: Master of Health Science/Health Promotion/Education and Healthcare Management, Program Coordinator
McMahon, B.F., Eisner, H., Collins, N.E., Flores, F.L. (2013) “Community Collaborative Effort to Serve Youth”; 2013 Pennsylvania Public Health Association/Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health Annual Conference, Harrisburg, PA, October 16.
McMahon, B.F., Tennant, A., Bellinger, R.G. (2013) “An Overview of Health Improvement Partnerships in Pennsylvania”; 2013 Pennsylvania Public Health Association/Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health Annual Conference, Harrisburg, PA, October 16.
McMahon, B.F. (2013) “Health Status in Lycoming County, Health and Human Service Annual meeting; ” Training session for Leadership Lycoming Class of 2013, Susquehanna Health System, Williamsport; PA, February 14.
McMahon, B.F. (2012) "Women: Our Education is Our Strength" Keynote address, Annual Federal Women’s Program/National Women’s History Month, United States Penitentiary (USP), Lewisburg, PA., March 21.
McMahon, B.F. (2012) “Health Status in Lycoming County, Health and Human Service Annual meeting; ” Training session for Leadership Lycoming Class of 2012, Susquehanna Health System, Williamsport; PA, February 9.
Community Service & Boards:
- The Family Health Council of Central PA, Educational Representative for PA (2014 – present)
- 21st Century CLC (Cohort 6A), Williamsport Area School District, Assessment Manager & Evaluator (2012-present)
- Williamsport YMCA Board of Directors & Health and Wellness Committee (2013-present)
- Department of Education 21st Century Educational Grant “outside evaluator” for Williamsport Area School District (2012-2014 academic years)
- Lycoming-Clinton County Commission for Community Action, Inc. (STEP),
- Assessment manager for merger of mergers of non-profits (CAPPA, The Community Center and STEP) (2012-present)
- Penn State Cooperative Extension, Our Children, Youth and Families Advisory Committee (2011-present)
- Founder & President of the Favors Forward Foundation (2009- present)
- Founder & PresidentLycoming County Health Improvement Coalition (1994-present), President (2013-present) Vice President 1996-99, President 1999-2002
- Trainer for Women’s Shelter in Lycoming County (2003-present)