Summer Financial Aid Information
The Financial Aid Office begins awarding summer financial aid in mid-April and automatically reviews the financial aid eligibility of any student who is registered for summer classes and has filed a current year's FAFSA. The current FAFSA for the Summer 2013 session is a 2012-13 FAFSA.
Upon review of financial aid eligiblity, the Financial Aid Office will notify students via a message to their LHU e-mail accounts when their summer financial aid information is available to be viewed online. To access this information, log in to the myHaven web portal. Then click on the "Student Finances" tab and then on the "Financial Aid Awards" link on the left side of the screen.
Please note that financial aid for summer is limited. If there is no aid available, we urge students to consider an additional loan such as a Direct PLUS or Alternative Loan. More information can be found at http://www.lhup.edu/financial-services/educational-loans.htm.
If PHEAA determines that a student is eligible to receive a Pennsylvania Summer State Grant, the student must be enrolled for a period of at least eight weeks of instruction and for no less than six semester credits. The Financial Aid Office will determine final eligibility based on summer registration. For more information regarding the Summer State Grant please go to http://www.pheaa.org/.
Understanding your Financial Aid
- If determined eligible to receive aid for the summer, please note that your financial aid package is based on the information you supplied on the FAFSA, your current summer registration, and your housing status. If any of this information is incorrect or changes, your award may be adjusted or even cancelled. Students are urged to contact the Financial Aid Office when any of this information is changed.
- If your financial aid package includes a Federal Direct Stafford Loan AND you are a new borrower, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and a loan entrance counseling session online. To do so, sign into https://studentloans.gov , then click on the "Complete MPN" and "Complete Entrance Counseling" links. You can also check at https://studentloans.gov to see if you have already completed a MPN and counseling.
- If your package includes a loan and you wish to cancel or reduce it, please complete the 2012-2013 Loan Change/Cancellation Form available online at www.lhup.edu/financial-services/forms.htm.
- Your financial aid award(s) is subject to the Terms and Conditions at http://www.lhup.edu/financial-services/terms-and-conditions.htm . You are responsible for knowing and understanding the terms and eligibility requirements related to each of your awards; therefore, you must carefully review that information. The award is also subject to any additional terms that may be imposed on or may apply to specific aid sources included in this award.
Your summer financial aid award is based upon the following assumptions
- Upon review at the end of the spring 2013 semester, you will be found to have made Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP through your most recently completed semester/session. To review the SAP policy, please go to http://www.lhup.edu/financial-services/currentsap.htm
- You will promptly attend to any and all requests for information required to further your summer aid processing.
- You will immediately inform the Financial Aid Office of any changes in your enrollment (i.e. registration) status. For example a student who drops to 3 credits will no longer be eligible for a Direct Loan as the minimum requirement is 6 credits.
- You will promptly inform the Financial Aid Office of any sources of financial assistance (e.g. tuition waiver, scholarships, etc.) not reflected in your summer financial aid package.
Frequently Asked Questions About Summer Financial Aid, click here .
Additional summer aid information is available for the following student groups:
Each student is urged to review their financial aid information thoroughly. Questions can be directed to Financial Aid. The office is located in Russell Hall and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays. During those hours, you may call the office at 570-484-2344 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .