Each year a limited number of graduate assistantships are available.
Departments must apply for the position annually
using the following form: (Request),
Returning Graduate Assistants should renew
using the following form: (Renewal)
The student must be:
- Unconditionally admitted to graduate study (minimum GPA of 3.0 in the undergraduate degree or having completed 9 graduate credits and received a 3.0 or better).
- Enrolled full-time (i.e., 9 semester hours of graduate work).
- Remain in good academic standing (GPA of 3.0 or higher).
- Remuneration will include full tuition waiver and stipend of $5,400 per year.
- Summer remuneration will include full tuition waiver and stipend of $1,800..
- Graduate assistants will work in an assigned area for a designated supervisor no more than twenty (20) hours per week.
- Assignments will (as much as possible) be in an area related to the student's major field of study.