HEALTH SCIENCE FACULTY
Dr. David G. Bower II
Personal Web Site:
Bachelor of Science
degree (Major: Health, Physical Education and Recreation), 1975,
Lock Haven State College, Lock Haven, Pennsylvania.
- Master of Education degree (Major: Health Education), 1982, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania.
Doctor of Philosophy
degree (Major: Health Education, Death Education), 1996,
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania.
- Post-doctoral study in Driver Education/Safety Education, 2000, 2nd Certification.
- Post-doctoral study in Hospice Volunteer Training Program, (30 hours), 1998.
- 1982 – present. Lock Haven University, Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, Professor of Health Education, Health Science Department, College of Education and Human Services.
- 1978 – 1982. Williamsport Area School District, Health Educator, Grades 10-12.
TEACHING UNDERGRADUATE COURSES TAUGHT (1982-2003)
Health Education – HLTH 100 Orientation to Health Science; HLTH 105 Introduction to Health; HLTH 315 Consumer Health; HLTH 320 Drug Education; HLTH 325 Death Education; HLTH 336 Teaching Drug Education.
Physical Education – HPED 105 Teaching Basketball; HPED 108 Teaching Football; HPED 120 Teaching Baseball/Softball; HPED Adaptive Physical Education
Driver/Safety Education – DRIV 416 Introduction to the Driving Task; DRIV 417 Driver Education: Curriculum and Methodology; DRIV 418 General Safety Education; DRIV 429 The Psychology of Accident Prevention.
Distance Education – HLTH 320 Drug Education; HLTH 325 Death Education
GRADUATE COURSES TAUGHT (1998-2003)
Health Education – HLTH 600 Substance Abuse; HLTH 625 Grief and Bereavement Education.
Distance Education – HLTH 600 Substance Abuse; HLTH 625 Grief and Bereavement Education