LHU Homecoming 2015 - "LOCKtoberfest"
Save the Dates for LHU Homecoming "LOCKtoberfest"
Monday, October 12 - Saturday, October 17
Lock Haven University’s Homecoming 2015 is right around the corner and you don’t want to miss it! Our “LOCKtoberfest” weekend is full of amazing activities to welcome you back to The Haven on October 12-17, 2015.
Our 21st Annual Alumni Golf Classic begins Friday at 10:00 a.m. with registration at 8:30 a.m. For those not wanting to conquer the links, we will offer a Sip and Dip event at the Clinton Country Club from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
This year’s pep rally is a MUST for alumni! Join us at the Corman Amphitheater, located on Water Street along the Susquehanna River, for a night full of excitement. Explore the “block party” at 6:00 p.m. prior to the pep rally which begins at 8:00 p.m. Fireworks will complete the evening immediately following the pep rally.
There are a multitude of sporting events throughout the day, and do not miss the pre-football game party at 12:30 p.m. at the Durrwachter Alumni Conference Center where you can gear up to watch the Bald Eagles play the Cheyney Wolves at 2:00 p.m. at Hubert Jack Stadium. Transportation will be provided to the field. But, the fun doesn’t stop there! Join alumni affinity groups, such as your favorite Greek organization, club, or athletic team after the game in the parking lot for a 5th Quarter Cookout where complimentary hot dogs and other light refreshments will be provided.
Monday, October 12
- 12 - 4 p.m. - RHA will be handing out Hot Chocolate and Apple cider outside Bentley
- Wednesday, October 14
- Homecoming Second Round Voting - Ivy Lane 9 -11a.m./Bentley 11 - 2 p.m., 5 - 7 p.m./PUB 2 - 4 p.m.
- 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Hump Day Spirit Give Away outside Bentley
- Thursday, October 15
- Homecoming Second Round Voting - Ivy Lane 9 -11 a.m./Bentley 11 - 2 p.m./PUB 2 - 4 p.m.
- 6 p.m. - Golf Cart Parade and “Happy Hour”
- 7 p.m. - Sailesh the Hypnotist @ 7pm in Price
- Friday, Ocotber 16
- Homecoming Second Round Voting - Ivy Lane 9 - 11 a.m./Bentley 11 - 2 p.m.
- 21st Annual Alumni Golf Classic- 8:30am registration, 10a.m. start- Clinton Country Club $110 per golfer, $440 per foursomeThis year the tournament will be held in memory of Jim Reeser ’64. From 1966 through 2001, Jim held numerous positions in the Admissions Office at Lock Haven University as well as Director of Alumni Affairs. Jim retired from the University in 2001 after having served as the Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid. Proceeds benefit student scholarships.
- Sip and Dip- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Clinton Country Club, $15, includes painting, one drink ticket and appetizers.
- Block Party, Pep Rally & Fireworks - 6:00 p.m. at the Corman Amphitheater.
- Saturday, October 17
- 16th Annual 5K Run/Walk- 7:30 a.m. registration, 9:00 a.m. start. $20 per person. Contact Coach Aaron Russell, email@example.com ,for more information
- Pre-Game Party for Alumni at the Durrwachter Alumni Conference Center- 12:30 p.m. with heavy appetizers and one drink ticket, $15 per person
- 5th Quarter Cookout- immediately following the game, complimentary food, register your alumni group for a table that will be ready upon your arrival