This Week in Global Honors
• Are you looking for a rewarding leadership position that will help you develop personally, academically, socially, and more?! Then you should apply for SAD of Communication and Special Events or the Community Service Leader! Both of them are gratifying leadership roles that any one of you can obtain! If you have any questions about either position, you can ask a SAD about them, Jackie Whitling, or Aliesha Diamond!
• Interested in signing up with Honors for Relay for Life? You can register here! To register, click Join a Team. Select Lock Haven University Honors Program, and click to join team. From there, pay the commitment fee and follow the on screen instructions.
• FDGLT- Make sure that you are working with your Co-leader to prepare for FDGLT this week! We will be meeting on Wednesday and Thursday, according to how you signed up. Keep an eye out for an email from Sarah with information. (Any more information for FDGLT will be located under “Teams, Committees, and Other Groups”.)
• Haven’t voted for Leader and Professor of the year yet? VOTE HERE! Voting will be open until this Wednesday, March 13th. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/79NYX7S
• All Student of the Year submissions are due no later than this Friday, March 15th 11:00 AM to our secretary, Mrs. Joanie Walker. If there are any questions, feel free to ask any of the staff.
• Check out the upstairs bulletin board next to the longue to meet the FDGs of this year! This week will be featuring the Llamas!!!
• Career Services will hold an Interview Workshop on Tuesday, March 12th at 5:30 PM in Robinson 407. One Academic Event Credit will be given to those that attend.
• Do you enjoy Minute to Win It Games? How about Legends of the Hidden Temple?! Or even better, the Weakest Link!?!?! Then come on out with your FDG to compete in the Game Show Extravaganza! This event will allow FDGs to gain Honors Olympics Points, and have a lot of FUN while playing the games mentioned above! It will take place this Thursday, March 14th, at 7:00PM in the PUB MPR. Upperclassmen are welcome to come and make their own team. It is worth one Activity Group Credit.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters Interest Meeting: Feb 20th at 7pm Room: TBA email@example.com
• YMCA Swim Team Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:45 am-4:00 pm
Volunteers are needed to help with the annual YMCA Pentathlon to use timers to track swim times for the event. email firstname.lastname@example.org
• C.A.P.E. Wednesday's from 4-5 email email@example.com
• Kids in The Kitchen: Thursday's from 3:45-4:45 email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Salvation Army Help:
Thrift Store:M-F 9-5 S 9-3
Kitchen work: Cleanup MTRF11-1 W11:30-1:30
Cooking MTRF 8am W 9am
Pantry W 9-11
Email email@example.com for any of these hours and times
• A-Team: Meeting. 5:30. Wednesday. Honors House. Be there or be a rhombus with 90 degree angles. See y’all there! ~Shelli
• Special Events Committee: We will not be having a meeting because all of you are coming to Game Show Extravaganza (March 14th, this Thursday, be there at the PUB MPR at 6:30)! On another note Talent Show flyers must be up by Tuesday, and the girls getting donations should go to the businesses this week. I will send more emails, and if you have any questions, ask me! See ya Thursday in the PUB at 6:30!
• FDGLT- Make sure that you are working with your Co-leader to prepare for FDGLT this week! We will be meeting on Wednesday and Thursday, according to how you signed up. Keep an eye out for an email from Sarah with information.
• FDGs: Don’t forget about the Bulletin Board Decorating! This week is the Llamas! If you forget your week, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can tell you again.
Click here for a list of Fall 2012 Activity Groups
• Want to see your name on the front page of the newsletter made for honors students, by honors students? Write in to The Occasional Word!! E-mail Kim at email@example.com with any ideas or for a list to pick from :)
• BIW (Basics of Imaginary Writing): Hello everyone! This week we have one prompt for you, and I hope you are as excited as we are! First, think of your favorite fairy tale growing up. Then, modernize it! You can modernize anything you want about this fairy tale, have fun with it, and be creative! Your response should be at least 400 words and sent in by noon on Friday (3/15). This week your responses can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Can’t wait to read your modern fairy tales, and remember have fun! ~Nicole and Kara
• Bowling for Dummies will not be meeting this week. Try again next week! –Assunta and Lucian
• Super Signers: Wednesday 4:30 to 5:30 at the Honors House. Hey there fellow Super Signers! Soooo this week we are going to learn how to sign numbers and weather! See you all there! :D ~ Rebekah Hamner & Marina Keiter
• Superhero Movie Group!: Due to FDGLT our meeting time this week will be moved back to 4:30. Come to the Honors House on Thursday to continue watching Batman Begins!-Abbie
• This weds. at 2:00 Arts and Crafts will be making some paper beads! Come out and join the fun. See you there! -Kim, Morgan and Ashley
• Fantastic Foreign Films will not be meeting this week! We’ll pick back up with a new film after spring break! ~ Emily & Claire
• On The Rocks (Tuesday at 5:30) - This week we'll be talking about some world class climbing areas in the United States and the differences between them, then trying a few boulder problems that exemplify each region.
• Where In The World will be meeting this Monday at 5:00 pm in the Honors House. We will be playing a game called "Animal, Person, Place and Thing"
• Schoolday Shenanigans- Hey everybody! We will be watching The Disney Channel original movie "Luck of The Irish" this Tuesday at 12:30 in the honors house! Here is to getting some extra luck for all those exams we have this week. Hope to see you all there! ~Taylor and Alicia
• Around the World in One Semester: Venha visitar a floresta do Brasil, com um jogo super divertido de "Bowling Natureza"! That's Portuguese for "Come visit the rainforest of Brazil with a super fun game of "Nature Bowling"!" We're going to create some fun origami animals and create a bowling game with them so you don't want to miss this! (2. Tuesday. Conference room.) Here's a fun translation for you: Vamos ver o que você terça-feira em dois na sala de conferências de um jogo inesquecível. ~ Virginia e George
• Otaku Mania - We will be meeting up at the Honors House at 12:15pm on Thursday! We will watch some Kamisama kiss, but I am going to have a surprise for you guys!
• Tenacious D-Baters: We are taking a week off before spring break. Sorry, but no meeting this week! Have a great break and we hope to see you when classes resume :) -Gavin and Natalie
• Blindfold will be meeting this Tuesday upstairs in the Honors house at 4 to watch an episode of House.
• Disneypalooza! We're finishing peter pan this week Thursday at 1 in the Honors House!
Freshmen Development Groups
• Monkeys: Meet at the honors house to finalize our bulletin board preparations. Bring any materials you have with you. See you Thursday at 3:30 ~ Amanda and Chelsea
• Hey Smartasses!! As you know it's midterm week, so today we will be meeting at our normal time and place (3:30 at the Honors House) to study for them. We wish you all good luck :) And remember to keep calm and study because it's almost Spring Break! :) See you later! -Alicia and Justin
• Hiya Hippos! This week we will NOT be meeting at our normal time. Instead, we will be meeting at 7 pm on THURSDAY in the PUB MPR for the Gameshow Extravaganza. So come ready, and pumped, for some competition! - Ashley & Virginia
• COWS!!!!! This week were gonna have a 2 hour meeting. You're probably thinking, "Oh my! What ever will we do for 2 hours!" I'm kind of insulted you would even ask..... We're going to skate haven!!!!! So be at the Honors House a little before 6:30 on Wednesday and bring some cash. Look for more information on our facebook page. Oh and here is this weeks quote: “if I were to die right now in a fiery explosion due to carelessness of a friend…. Then it would just be alright” See y'all then! -Love Nat and Nick
• Hello baby penguins. Tough loss last week on the connect four. We will be meeting today at 6 at the honors to enjoy a movie. Hope everyone has a great week. -mama and papa penguin
• Bears! if the weather is as good as it has been, we'll be going outside! if it isn't, we'll do some fun indoor games! Have a good Monday!