LOCK HAVEN UNIVERSITY
GLOBAL HONORS PROGRAM
APPLICATION COVER SHEET
(For transfer students)
Please fill out and submit the following information to supplement all other application materials.
On separate sheets (or emailed as attachments in Microsoft Word or rich text format) provide the following information.
1. List any college-level honors course work you have completed.
2. Identify your significant activities, leadership positions and work experience while in college. (If there are has been a gap since you were last enrolled in college, briefly describe your activities.)
3. Provide the names and phone numbers of two college teachers from whom you will request letters of reference.
4. Indicate how you first heard about the Lock Haven University Global Honors Program.
5. Write an essay of up to 500 words responding to one of the following four prompts.
- Discuss a creative work that has been crucial to the way you see the world and the way you see yourself in the world. Identify the work and how it has influenced you. This creative work could be a biography, film, novel, play, poem, or scientific theory.
- Most people belong to many different communities; groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interests, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong and describe that community and your place within it.
- What does it mean to be an engaged Global Citizen?
- You just finished writing your 300-page autobiography. Please submit page 217.
6. Arrange for letters of reference from the two teachers identified above. Letters must be on official school stationary and should be sent directly to the Lock Haven University Honors Program. Applicants should supply teachers with a copy of Guidelines for Reference Letters.
7. Submit your completed application to the Global Honors Program (email or regular mail). Make arrangements with the Global Honors Director, Dr. Jackie Whiting (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your application interview.
The Lock Haven University application is separate from the Global Honors Program application.