Solicitors, including students and employees
assuming an entrepreneurial role, are prohibited from entering
Lock Haven University grounds for the purpose of transacting
business with members of the University community.
This policy prohibits the posting of advertisements on
physical facilities and the placement of ad materials on cars
parked in University parking lots.
Exceptions to this policy include:
- Providers of academic program materials, texts, or
supplies who have explicit approval of the Provost;
- Representatives of business and industry who have been
invited or approved by the Director of Purchasing for
the purpose of demonstrating a product or service;
- Providers of student goods or services to be displayed in
the residence halls, upon the invitation of the Vice President
of Student Affairs or their designee;
- Public appeals normally sustained by the State System of
Higher Education, such as SECA and U.S. Savings Bond programs;
- Providers of student goods and services to be displayed
in Parsons Union Building or Bentley, upon explicit invitation
of the Vice President of Student Affairs or their designee.
September 08, 2009