For this project students will create THREE different artworks. These works can only be created by using five of the images given to you by the instructor. You may do anything you would like to these images, but you must use at least five of them and they must be present in the completed composition. Students may scale, crop, change hue, adjust value, repeat, intensity, edit as needed but all must be present. Students must use Photoshop and may also use Illustrator for this project.
- Learn how to import images into Photoshop for further manipulation.
- Further familiarize oneself with the tools and layout of Photoshop
- Learn how to work in the Apple environment: computer care, the OS, file saving, basic networking...
- Develop pictorial composition and editing skills
- Learn basic vocabulary of computer imaging
- Three of your best images must each be printed and mounted on black museum board or black matboard with at least a 2.5 inch border. The works may also be mounted with a bleed trim on black foam board. Posterboard is not allowed as it is not a professional material for our purposes. Finished works must be at least ten inches in the smallest dimension.