Instructions to Transfer Data from DataStudio to Excel
Note: Please export your data to Excel while in the lab and make sure you transfer it to your lap tops. The analysis and graphing to be done with the data in Excel may be started After completing the experiment and can be continued at home.
1. First Export as a Text File:
1. In DataStudio, click on: File à Export data.
2. Select the run you want to save and click OK which should give you a Save As box
2. Instructions on Saving the Text File:
1. Find the folder named PHYS131 created on the desktop
2. Save your data in this folder as a txt file. Make sure your file name has a group member’s name and section number
3. These files will be erased every Friday and the PHYS131 folder will be empty for the next week’s lab. So you Must take your data when you leave lab.
3. Importing Data to Excel:
1. Open a blank Excel workbook
2. Select a cell where you want to begin inputting your data
3. Click on Data Tab and then click on From Text in the Get External Data section. An Import Text File window should open.
4. Find your file, select and open
5. The Text Import Wizard will open.
6. Ensure Delimited option is selected and click Next to get the next window
7. The 2nd window will show your data separated into columns. If it is not, select all the delimiting choices shown above your data till your data separates in to columns. Then click Next
8. Click Next on the 3rd window
9. Select a cell in your work book to import data in the 4th window and press enter.
10. Your data should appear in columns in Excel.
You may now remove or add information as you wish to suit the data and analysis table requirements.