PHYS328 - Science Seminar
This page contains requirements for the brief biographies of
physicists done at the beginning of the semester.
(Not the formal presentations.)
- Each group will write a 1-2 page brief biography of each physicists.
The brief biographies will be presented in class over two periods; 12 on the
first day and 13 on the second.
- Each person in each group must make a copy of their own papers
for distribution to all members of their group and to the instructor. The reason
is that I want everyone to have this information in hand to help them
decide on what physicist to study.
If the group decides to divide up the work and one person does not
submit their work the entire group will be held responsible.
- Engineering majors cannot work together in the same group.
- The write-ups must use proper referencing of sources.
- All write-ups must come attached with copies of all reference material.
- As with all work handed in, use your own words.
- Brief biographies should include:
- date of birth and death
- Place of Birth
- Summary of physics accomplishments.
- Overview of the physicist's life. Discuss more than the
physicist's physics accomplishments.
- Proper references.
Do your best to write a summary of the physicist's life. Keep in mind we want to get
a good "feel" for the person. The class will need this information to help in deciding
which student picks which physicist.
I will ask for an oral summary these biographies. I will expect input from several
people since all groups are covering all physicists.