MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY CONCENTRATION
- Twelve months of clinical training in a program accredited by the Registry of Medical Technologists of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. Several medical technology programs have converted to the more widely accepted name of Clinical Laboratory Science Programs. Prerequisite: all other college courses required for the B.S.degree in the Interdisciplinary Major in Biology/Chemistry. Applications for most programs are due in October of the student's junior year. A few programs prefer applications be submitted in late spring/early summer of the student's sophomore year due to the limited number of spaces in these programs. It is the student's responsibility to apply to an accredited program by the required deadline. For more information, contact Dr. Jackie Whitling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MTEC403 - CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY
- MTEC404 - CLINICAL CHEMISTRY
- MTEC405 - CLINICAL HEMATOLOGY/COAGULATION
- MTEC406 - CLINICAL IMMUNOHEMATOLOGY
- MTEC407 - CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY/SEROLOGY
- MTEC408 - CLINICAL SEMINAR
- 28-32 sh
- Lock Haven University has permanent agreements with the following schools: Altoona Hospital and Susquehanna Health through Williamsport Hospital. Our students have also attended St. Vincent's School of Medical Technology, Robert Packer Clinical Laboratory Science Program, and Lancaster General Clinical Laboratory Science Program.
- For a list of accredited Medical Technology programs located in Pennsylvania, click here. The information provided on this page is current as of June 2010. More information will be added as it is obtained. For additional information about the medical technology track at Lock Haven University, contact Dr. Jackie Whitling at email@example.com.
*graphic image courtesy of www.btinternet.com