1. Approximately 30-35 minutes prior to closing, send a student to walk all floors informing library users that circulation will stop 15 minutes before closing and announce closing time. Check stairways for any library materials and return them to circulation desk.
Note: if the student starts on the ground floor and ends on 3rd floor, then they can walk down the stairs to check for materials.
2. 15 minutes prior to closing, ask all users to leave the 24 hr. room and lock the doors.
Make a clean sweep of the room and return all library materials to the circulation desk. Be sure to check group study area and rest room.
Take inventory of items that should be in the room.
Fill photocopier with paper if needed.
Unlock 24 hour entrance.
Verify that the doors locked electronically..
3. While staff is tending the 24 hr room and locking front doors, the student can shut off the lights on other floors.
Closing Procedures for the Main Library
1. 3rd floor - all switches marked with green dots turned off in 2 panel boxes.
2. 2nd floor - same as 3rd floor.
3. Main Floor All light switches are located at circ.
OPAC terminals: Close any open programs, turn off monitors.
Circulation terminals: close Voyager. Turn off monitor. Keep power on.
Front doors: lock inside doors only. Vestibule must remain open.
4. Ground Floor - Panel box - switches with green dots.
Wall switches (children’s & periodicals)
Copier remains on.
Computer lab: lock all doors.
5. Tech Services - Wall switches off.
Display window lights on.
All doors to Public Services locked.
Receiving room light stays on 24 hrs.