Once you are at a PC and are ready to take the test, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer. You should have activated your email account at Lock Haven and changed your password before you attempt to take the test. (Go to the Computing Center web site for additional information.)
- Type in the URL web address: http://shrike.lhup.edu/math/placement_test.htm and hit enter to open the login window. Make certain you are ready to begin before continuing!
- Enter your Lock Haven email address and password and hit enter. If the login is successful you will be provided with a link to enter the math placement test web page. Click on the link.
- Enter your three initials to verify that you agree to abide by all instructions and conditions. Hit the Submit button. Read the directions for taking the test written on the website. Hit Click here to continue. When you hit Click here to begin the test, the placement test will begin.
- Answer the questions in the four sections of the test to the best of your ability. There are 60 questions total on the placement test. Remember that we do NOT expect you to be able to answer all questions; if you do not know what the question is asking, DO NOT PANIC! Simply leave the question blank and proceed to the next question.
- At the end of the test, you will be asked to enter your Student ID number, as well as your First Name and Last Name. Do so and hit the Submit button.
- You will then need to re-enter your Student ID number and click the Retrieve Test Results button to see your score. If you want, you can print out the results of the test for your records; however, this is not necessary. The results are recorded in a database at the university.
- Finally, after completing the test and viewing and/or printing your results, please close all open windows.