In the February, Lock Haven University will host an
evaluation team of colleagues
from other Middle States schools. The team will review the
university's self-study report, examine at our
supporting documentation, and talk with representatives
from many constituencies on campus. Based on their findings, the team will make
a report to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, which
will then consider the university's request for reaffirmation of our accreditation.
These are the members of the visiting team:
- Dr. Jonathan Gibralter is the team chair and a member of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. He has been President of Frostburg State University since 2006. A psychologist by training, Dr. Gibralter has also served as a dean, provost, and president at community colleges and state universities in New York.
- Dr. Meg Benke is Dean of the Center for Distance Learning at Empire State College. In addition to 25 years of experience in distance education, Dr. Benke teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in human systems and behavior, performance measurement, learning organizations, organizational change, and training and development.
- Dr. William Davidson has taught accounting, business and tax law at Bowie State University in Maryland since 1989. He previously served as a senior financial officer in private industry and practiced as an attorney and a certified public accountant.
- Dr. Phyllis Edamatsu has been Director, Strategic Planning and Institutional Research at Delaware State University since 2000. She has over 25 years of experience in institutional research and planning in higher education.
- Dr. Benjamin Hadis is Professor of Sociology at Montclair State University, where he also directs the international studies minor and study abroad/exchange programs. In addition, he serves as Executive Director of the New Jersey State Consortium for International Studies.
- Dr. Rosalyn Lindner is Associate Vice President, Curriculum and Assessment at Buffalo State University (SUNY), where she previously served as Professor of Sociology, department chair, and chair of the college senate.
- Dr. Joseph Marchetti served for 25 years in student affairs at Richard Stockton College, most recently as Vice President for Student Affairs. He recently became Professor of Instructional Technology.
- Dr. Patricia Mosto is Dean, College of Liberal Arts, Education and Sciences at Rider University. She served previously as Associate Provost and Associate Dean at Rowan University.
In keeping with Middle States policy, the team will be
accompanied by representative of the Pennsylvania State System
of Higher Education (PASSHE):
- Dr. James Moran is Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs for
PASSHE. Prior to joining PASSHE in 2005, Dr. Moran served
assistant vice president for academic affairs for the
University of Tennessee System, as university administrator,
and a faculty member in family and child development.