Nanoscience Scholarship Opportunity
A monumental grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) has made it possible for LHUP to offer a sizeable scholarship to incoming freshmen Nanoscience major/minor.
- Major or minor in Nanotechnology, or enroll in the Associate in Applied Science (Nanotechnology) program as a second degree.
- Participate in the Honors or First Year Excellence.
- Attend the 18 semester-hour Nanomanufacturing Technology (NMT) semester at Penn State University during the summer after your sophomore year (at no cost).
- Maintain a 2.7 GPA and 24 earned credits after the first year, a 2.7 GPA and 51 earned credits after the second year, and a 2.9 GPA and 81 earned credits after the third year.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
Benefits of Becoming a Nanoscience Scholar:
- A four-year scholarship based on your unmet financial need. Amount of the scholarship will vary depending on unmet financial aid need as defined by the U.S. Department of Education and the availability of funds, but may be as much as $10,000 per year, this would include funding for the summer session indicated above.
-Participation in our nationally recognized Honors/First Year Excellence learning communities.
-Individualized support, peer tutors and mentors, and internship opportunities.
Program Director: Dr. Anura Goonwardene
For Additional information contact: email@example.com