RN-to-BSN Completion Program Admission Process
A prospective student interested in applying to the RN-to-BSN Completion Program must be a currently licensed Registered Nurse.
Question: What is the next step?
Answer: Review the options listed below. Choose either Option 1, Option 2 or Option 3 depending upon your place of graduation and proceed accordingly with the admission process.
Option 1: Are you a graduate of Lock Haven University? Follow the admission process detailed in Section 1.
Option 2: Did you earn Lock Haven University credits but not complete a degree? Follow the admission process detailed in Section 2.
Option 3: Are you a graduate of a nursing diploma program or another college or university degree program? Follow the admission process detailed in Section 3.
Section 1: You are a graduate of Lock Haven University
- Graduates of LHU must download, complete and submit the "Second Degree Candidate" form available online. You do not need to re-apply for admission to the University.
- Submit a $200 non-refundable check made out to Lock Haven University.
- Submit any official transcripts of education you acquired since graduating from Lock Haven University
All information must be submitted to the Clearfield Campus office. Please make the check out to Lock Haven University and submit the document(s) to Mrs. Judy Billotte, c/o Lock Haven University-Clearfield Campus, 201 University Drive, Clearfield, PA 16830. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to Mrs. Billotte at 814-768-3402.
Keep in mind that the $200.00 deposit cannot be waived, and must be included with your request to resume form. The Clearfield Campus registration office will mail you paperwork once the process is complete. At that time, you will receive instructions on how to schedule courses. The $200.00 will be applied to the student’s tuition bill.
Section 2: You previously attended Lock Haven University and did not obtain a degree
- Submit a “Resume to Studies” form with a deposit as indicated on the form. You can locate that form on the LHU website at http://www.lhup.edu/registrar/request_to_resume_studies_proces.htm
Section 3: You are a graduate of another college or university's associate degree program or diploma program.
The traditional admission process will apply to be considered for the RN-to-BSN Completion degree.
All interested prospective students should submit the following:
- An application for admission
There are two options to complete an application either online or a paper admissions application.
- Apply online. The fee for applying online is $25.00
- Request a paper application by calling the Clearfield Admissions office at 814-768-3460. The fee for a paper application is $40.00
- Official high school transcript
- Official transcripts from any college, university, diploma program or post-secondary institutions the student has attended
- If the student has been out of high school for less than three years, official SAT or ACT scores are required.
- A professional resume which includes a time line.