LPN Workshop Objectives
At the end of this mandatory wokshop the LPN student will be able to :
- DIscuss the role of the RN in the assessment process.
- Differentiate between the following terms:
- Nursing Care Plan
- Nursing Diagnosis
- Discuss the role of the RN in choosing the applicable Nursing Diagnosis, based upon the assessment performed.
- Develop the Nursing Diagnosis according to the PES format.
- Analyze assessment peformed and discuss applicable data for the "Assessment Criteria"
- Develop short and long term goals that are realistic and measurable based upon the individual nursing diagnosis.
- Develop and implement nursing interventions to accomplish goals.
- Develop rationales for nursing interventions based upon theoretical knowledge and research.
- Evaluate goals based upon nursing interventions and client progress.
- Revise goals and interventions, as needed, based upon client outcome and need.
- Discuss the role of the RN in the teaching-learning process and develop a teaching plan.