Welcome to the Lock Haven University! We are glad that you have chosen to be a part The Haven family. The University is gearing up to welcome more than 1,000 new students and their families to the Lock Haven. We strongly encourage family members to attend our various orientation programs with their student. The start of a one's college experience is a very important and exciting time, not only for the student, but for parents and families as well. The more you understand about the college experience, the more helpful you will be to your student during his/her transition. Students and family members are welcome to be a part of our Orientation programs. A separate, but concurrent, program has been designed for parents and guests. Please note we do not offer childcare services, however siblings are welcome to attend with parents.
Goals for Orientation Programs:
- To introduce entering undergraduate student to the opportunities and responsibilities of academic life at the University
- To create a welcoming environment that builds a sense of community among the incoming class and connects them to faculty, staff, administrators, and other students
- To familiarize the parent of new student with the University experience and what their students can expect while attending Lock Haven University.
- To introduce incoming students and parents to the resources that are available
- To emphasize to students the importance of being involved on campus and taking responsibility and initiative for their own growth and development