President's Commission on Faculty, Administrators, Staff, and Students of Color
In February 2010, Lock Haven University established a President's Commission on Faculty, Administrators, Staff, and Students of Color. This Commission, known as FASSt, consists of faculty and staff from across the University. It's mission is to:
- Promoting a campus environment that welcomes and facilitates racial and ethnic diversity.
- Maintaining a campus environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment of F.A.S.ST. of color.
- Allowing for discussions on the status of F.A.S.ST. of color at Lock Haven University and in the surrounding communities.
- Working in conjunction with the Office of Social Equity, APSCUF members, and AFSCME members in order to ensure fair hiring, tenure, and promotion practices.
- By way of community service and outreach, strengthening relationships between F.A.S.ST. of color, the city of Lock Haven, and its surrounding communities.
- Making the campus community aware of available resources for F.A.S.ST. of color (i.e. Grants, scholarships, and university/regional/national organizations committed to promoting diversity).
- Discussing and offering solutions for issues that negatively affect F.A.S.ST. of color.
Please visit the Events page by using the navigation bar on the left in order to find out more about the Commission's activities on campus.