Sexual Assault Response Guarantee
The Lock Haven University Public Safety Department has adopted the LHU Sexual Assault Response Guarantee, which states:
Sexual assaults, including date/acquaintance rape, are a very serious concern of the University. If you feel you are the victims of a sexual assault on campus, your LHU Public Safety Department will guarantee you the following:
- We will meet with you privately, at a place of your choice in this area, to take a complaint report.
- We will not release your name to the public or to the press.
- Our officers will not prejudge you, and you will not be blamed for what occurred.
- We will treat you and your particular case with courtesy, sensitivity, dignity, understanding, and professionalism.
- If you feel more comfortable talking with a female or male officer, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- You may file a report without having to press charges and without giving names.
- We will assist you in arranging for any medical needs and/or evidence collection.
- We will assist you in privately contacting counseling, safety advising, and other available resources.
- If you choose to press charges, we will fully investigate your case, and will help you to achieve the best outcome. This may involve the arrest and full prosecution of the suspect responsible.
- We will continue to be available to you , to answer your questions, to explain the systems and processes involved (prosecutor, courts, etc.), and to be a listening ear if you wish.
- We will consider your case seriously regardless of your gender of your gender or sexual orientation, and regardless of the gender or sexual orientation, and regardless of the gender or sexual orientation of the suspect.
If you feel you are a sexual assault victims, call the LHU Public Safety Department at 570-484-2278, and say you want to privately make a sexual assault complaint. You may call anytime of the day or night.
If we fail to achieve any part of the above guarantee, the Director of Public Safety, Paul Altieri will meet with you personally to address any problems. The LHU Public Safety, Paul Altieri will meet with you personally to address any problems. The LHU Public Safety want to help you make the LHU campus safe for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors.