Principles of Biology
Dr. Shonah A. Hunter
How to do well in this class
1. Attend all lectures and labs.
2. Print out the lecture outline and study questions provided on the web site.
3. Read text book or lab manual before coming to class.
4. Stay engaged in lecture or lab.
5. Ask questions.
6. Read over your notes after class.
7. Make note cards of terms and concepts.
8. Find a study partner or form a study group.
9. Answer the questions in the text book chapter, and at the end of the chapter.
10 Answer the study questions for the outline you printed.
11. Go to the online textbook web site and do the quizzes.
12. Ask questions.
13. Go to tutoring.
14. Study 3-5 hours for every hour in class.
15. Keep up with the material. It is impossible to cram for quizzes/exams in this class.
16. Do the bonus assignments.
17. Review the material on quizzes.
18. Turn in all assignments on time; ask for help well before the due date.
19. Review the exam after you get your score; make sure you understand the questions you got
20. Ask questions.