|Home||Apply for Housing||Housing Tour||Costs||Moving In||What to Pack||Laundry||Staff|
All students move-in to the Residence Halls on Sunday, January 17, 2016 from 9 AM to 4 PM
As we get ready to welcome you to campus we have some important information to share with you!
Moving in Tips
- It is a good idea to label containers with the student’s name, building and room number to which they belong.
- You don’t have to bring everything up on move in day. Bring the essentials, there will always be time later to bring up your spring clothes and items you forgot!
- Talk to your roommate before arriving, and divide up who brings the big items!
- Drivers must stay with the car! When it is unloaded please move it immediately!
- If you have the room in the one car, go shopping at home. Wal-Mart is very crowded on Move In day!
What should we expect in terms of traffic and parking on move-in day?
Expect traffic on move-in day. After all, there are over 1200 students moving in. The LHU Public Safety Department will direct traffic, allowing vehicles access to the residence halls for a short time to quickly and efficiently unload student belongings onto the sidewalk/ground. Once unloaded, vehicles will be directed away from the buildings to a campus parking lot.
How will the weather conditions effect move-in?
Move-in will happen rain or shine. If it looks like rain, consider weather proofing items with trash bags and/or use plastic containers since it is a certainty that items will be exposed to the elements for a short period of time before they are moved to your student’s room. Make sure to wear appropriate clothing and drink lots of fluids.
What happens when we get to the residence hall?
The actual check-in process is a little more involved than just receiving a room key. Resident Assistants (RAs) will help with this process by verifying your student’s paperwork, explaining the room condition report (an inventory of your student’s room), issuing keys, and answering any other questions you or your student may have at the time of check-in. Due to the number of students arriving, the lines can get long, so having patience is important.
What is available in the local Lock Haven community?
Forget something? Need something? K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, and various grocery stores are all nearby. If you have any questions, please ask a staff member.