Other Aid Available

FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid):

All students are eligible to file a FAFSA and receive State and Federal Aid, if they qualify, even if they are also receiving Veterans Benefits. Please make sure to file your FAFSA each year by Lock Haven University's recommended filing date of March 15th. You can file your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.

Educational Gratuity Program:

The Educational Gratuity program provides financial assistance to children of honorably discharged veterans who have service-connected disabilities and served during a period of war or armed conflict, or children of veterans who die or died in service during a period of war or armed conflict. The child must be between the ages of 16 and 23, living within the Commonwealth five years prior to application, and must attend a school within the Commonwealth. Please contact the County Veterans Affairs Director in the county you reside to apply for this program.

College Credit for Military Training:

LHU students who have a Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) may qualify for a maximum of 3.0 semester hours of elective credit.  In addition, students who have completed certain military learning programs may qualify for college credit. Please contact the LHU Registrar's Office, 127 Russell Hall, for assistance.