Military Withdrawal from School Checklist

If circumstances make it impossible for you to finish out the semester and you need to withdraw from the University, please consult with your academic advisor, the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management, or the Director of the Clearfield Campus, and the Financial Aid Office. Students who wish to withdraw from the University must complete a withdrawal form available in the in the Enrollment Management Office located in 207 Sullivan Hall or the main office at Clearfield. The Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management approves all withdrawals from the University. An exit interview is strongly encouraged.

  • If you receive Military Education Benefits, notify the LHU VA Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office that you have withdrawn. When you decide to return to school, contact the LHU VA Certifying Official again to restart your Military Education Benefit payments.
  • Depending on the date of withdrawal, a withdrawal may affect your financial aid and could result in you owing the money to the University.  Check with the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible.
  • Check with the Financial Aid Office to determine the impact of the withdrawal on the satisfactory academic progress requirements for receiving financial aid the semester you re-enroll.
  • Make sure you have information about your student loans. Student loans can be hard to keep track of, especially if you have attended different schools or used different lenders or loan programs. Review your records, contact your school(s), and locate all your student loans.  The following links may be helpful in gathering your loan information:;
  • Complete required exit counseling sessions for student loans before you leave school or drop below half-time enrollment. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
  • Contact your student loan lender(s). It is your responsibility to follow through with any procedure the lender recommends.
  • Keep a record of names, dates, individuals, and a brief summary of your conversations with your school and lending institution(s).
  • Be mindful of financial aid deadlines. If you plan to return to LHU for the fall or spring semester, complete the FAFSA by March 15th of the spring semester prior to your return.
  • Complete the End of Semester Withdrawal Form.
  • When you are able to resume your studies at Lock Haven University, complete a Request to Resume Studies Form.