Career Exploration & Planning
As a Freshman at LHU, you will want to visit the Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD) and familiarize yourself with their web site and the many links and resources.
The Center can help you explore and create a plan for your career.
- You can logon to FOCUS and complete the assessments to identify interests, values, skills and personality preferences. Use your results, experiences and aspirations to write a personalized Action Plan on FOCUS.
- Familiarize yourself with various majors. Attend the Majors Fair. Talk to faculty and upper-classmen.
- Attend the Club Fair. Participate in activities and clubs to explore interests and develop new skills.
- Start conducting informational interviews and job shadow professionals.
- Attend career related events, workshops, presentations, job fairs.
- Begin to develop your resume and take it to the Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD).
- Consider a summer job that will allow you to experience something you are interested in.